Here’s a recipe for meatloaf dinner that your kids surely won’t moan about. 4 servings plus leftovers
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus additional for brushing
- 2 cups 1/3-inch cubes crustless day-old pain rustique
- 1 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 8 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey (15% fat)
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush 8 1/2×4 1/2×2 1/3-inch loaf pan with olive oil.
- Toss bread with broth in large bowl. Let stand until bread absorbs broth and softens, about 10 minutes. Mix in mushrooms, eggs, shallots, parsley, thyme, coarse salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add turkey; mix just until blended. Transfer to pan, mounding in center. Bake until thermometer inserted into center registers 170°F, about 1 hour 25 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.