Are you interested in becoming an Owner Operator for Thomas Transportation? If so, we are interested in hearing from you.
Founded in 2010 Thomas Transportation is a new young fleet looking for owner operators in its bright future.
If you are interested in applying for a position, please call our Owner Operator Recruiting department at 817-741-2270 Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Have recent verifiable tractor trailer experience
- Have a valid class (A) CDL
- Be at least 21 years old
- Meet DOT requirements
- Pass a company physical, including substance screening
- Have stable verifiable work history
- Have an acceptable driving record
- Be able to perform duties of the job
Thomas Transportation offers owner operators the flexibility of driving for the service that best suits your lifestyle and the ability to influence your own pay.
- Weekly Settlements: direct deposit available
- Fuel Surcharge: Earn fuel surcharge on both loaded and deadhead miles
- Loading/Unloading Pay: 100 percent Lumper pay when approved
- Scale tickets paid upon approval
- Freight: Major transportation company with centralized computer dispatch; satellite communications.
- Cash Advances: EFS Cash Advance ($2 fee) with settlement deduction
- Charge Fuel: Nationwide fuel stops with in-station charge card ($2 fee)
- Discount Fuel: Reduced prices at terminals
- Reduced Prices: Discounts on parts and tires
- Trailers: Fleet of Reefer vans (12-24 average hours on Thermo King SB 210’s)
- Taxes: State fuel and mileage taxes filed by Thomas Transportation with settlement charge back for fuel purchased and mile taxes
- Tolls: Authorized toll tickets paid by carrier with approval
- License & Permits: Texas ( no fee’s upfront and can be paid back)
- Drivers: Required training, drug testing, and orientation furnished at no cost
- Fleets – Ask about extra pay/mile for fleets
Please contact us today at 817-741-2270
- Dedicated – Hauling freight for a specific customer. Usually offers weekly home time.
- Teams – A division made up of 100% Owner Operators. This division is designed for teams who want the highest possible production.
- Regional – Hauling general freight within a specific region of the country. This division offers weekly home time.
Any passenger with a Thomas Transportation rider pass can ride, as long as an Owner Operator is in compliance with DOT regulations.
To Run In Our Fleet Your Tractor Must:
- Be a recent model, no older than 5 years; but will accept older equipment if in excellent shape
- Have a 275″ (or shorter) wheel base, fifth wheel not higher than 48″ and a stack height of at least 13’4″
- Have a blind spot mirror, business-like paint color and custom equipment
- Pass company visual inspection & meet Thomas Transportation equipment requirements
Operator Must Provide:
- Tractor – Must pass Company inspection and meet Thomas Transportation equipment requirement
- Driver – Must be 21 years old with recent verifiable tractor-trailer experience and pass all other Thomas Transportation and DOT requirements
- Expenses – All operating and maintenance cost of equipment furnished by operator. Advance and settlement deductions available
- Insurance – Proof of physical damage, Program available for purchase of this coverage at group rates
- PL/PD and cargo provided with $500 deductible each. Trailer has $1000 deductible but maximum occurrence is $1,500
- Physical damage insurance at 5.25% book value
- Licensing Paper – Copy of title in your name and bill of sale to show cost of tractor
- Weight certificate – 2290 Schedule I, showing payment of highway use tax (current year)